Doctoral Programme in Management
2 Years, Full Time, Doctorate Degree
• Salient Features: Free Training English
View Course Details
Haravard Business School offers two years Doctoral programme in Management.This is a full-time degree programs which officially begin in September.Many incoming students choose to join us in July to conduct research with an HBS faculty member. Students are expected to complete their program in five years. Students typically spend their first two years on course work, at the end of which they take a field exam, and then another two years on dissertation research and writing.
Harvard Business School doctoral programs train young scholars to become faculty at the top business schools in the world.Students in Management focus on research creating management theory and knowledge that is relevant to business practice.
Students in Management choose at least one discipline in which to anchor their research, usually economics, sociology, or psychology. Perhaps the most distinctive feature of Management is its multidisciplinary perspective. As the phenomena of general management cuts across economics, psychology, sociology, organizational behavior, and administrative sciences, our students develop discipline-based expertise in at least two substantive domains.
• Candidates should have Master degree.
Required Application Materials :
• Completed online application form
• Statement of Purpose
• Transcripts for all college/university degrees and courses
- Self-reported transcripts are accepted for DBA programs
- Official transcripts are required for PhD programs
• Current GMAT or GRE scores (see details below)
• TOEFL scores (non-native English speakers see details below)
- Adequate command of spoken and written English is required for admission. Applicants whose native language is other than English and who do not hold a Bachelor degree or its equivalent from an institution at which English is the language of instruction must submit TOEFL scores.
- The committee prefers scores of at least 100 on the internet-based test, 250 TOEFL and 5.0 essay rating on the computer-based test, or 600 TOEFL and 5.0 TWE on the paper-based test.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to choose the TOEFL internet-based test when possible.
• Three letters of recommendation (at least one from an academic source)
• $105 application fee via credit card
Given below is the list of subject :
A minimum of 13 semester-long doctoral courses are required for the degree. These should include :
• Two year-long course sequences :
- Management and Markets : Team taught by four to six HBS faculty, this two-semester sequence includes classic works in administrative theory, human motivation and interaction, corporate strategy and organizational design, and modern capital markets.
- Theory and Practice of Research:This two-semester sequence is designed to help students understand how to do research by engaging them in a combination of theory and labs.
• Two methods courses from either behavioral science research methods or econometric research methods
• Two quantitative methods courses
• Two courses in a scholarly discipline (i.e. microeconomics, psychology or sociology)
• One to five HBS MBA courses are also required:
- Students who do not have an MBA are required to take either the first semester of the MBA program or five second-year MBA courses.
- Students who have a non-HBS MBA are required to take one approved second-year MBA course.
Management Field Exam
• Students are required to pass a Field Exam in Management at the end of their second or the beginning of their third year.
• The exam has two parts: a written exam and an oral examination based on the student’s written exam.
Research and Dissertation
• Students in Management begin research in their first year typically by working with a faculty member. By their third and fourth years, most students are launched on a solid research and publication stream.
• In management, the dissertation may take the form of three publishable papers or one longer dissertation.
Financial Aid for Doctoral programme in MBA
• All incoming students, regardless of need and background, are awarded a fellowship which includes tuition, single-person health fees, and a living stipend ($35,400 in 2009-2010).
institute Details - Description | Rankings & Awards | Placement Services | Infrastructure |
Harvard Business School (HBS) is the graduate business school of Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts. Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration established (the world's first MBA program) with a faculty of 15, 33 regular students, and 47 special students.The school offers a full-time MBA program, doctoral programs, and many executive education programs. The School owns Harvard Business School Publishing, which publishes business books, online management tools for corporate learn